[asterisk-dev] Pthread wrapper updates

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 4 05:18:46 MST 2006

> So - sure -  abort the action to protect the rest of the process, but
> don't
> kill the process just because one thread is stuck.
Can you imagine that the "stuck" thread can prevent the process to make
further progress because mutual exclusion is required to keep the
internal data structures in consistent state?

> I guess it depends on what the scope of 'abort' is - thread ok -
> process not so good.
I suggest to fix faulty software before the "catastrophe" will happen.

Have you got different approaches besides fault tolerance or load
balancing for security handling and application safety in mind?
The current source code seems to have got the potential to set the issue
on fire before your own urgent phone call.

Regards,
Markus