[asterisk-dev] VM breakage in trunk r47021

David Bath david.bath at triaddo.com
Thu Nov 2 17:43:34 MST 2006

Hi List

I'm a fairly long time user, first time reporter, so I'm unsure of the
protocol.  Apologise if this is the wrong list for this.

However, I'm just checking out SVN-trunk-r47021 as digium's G729 drivers
don't seem to work with the beta release.  Everything seems to be
behaving well, apart from voicemail.

Individual voicemail is fine - I can leave a message on someone's phone,
and it's saved as expected, and emailed correctly.

However, I have several group mailboxes, which are essentially used to
present a single message for a group of extensions - and of course has
the benefit of being easily updatable via the usual comedian interface.

Typical layout is:

In [acontext] in voicemail.conf

; Additional "holding" box for group message

199 => 199,Group Mailbox,,,delete=1

And then in extensions.conf

exten => 199,1,VoiceMail(103 at acontext&101 at acontext..... (etc) |u)

exten => 199,2,Hangup

So the idea being, the voicemail is temporarily stored in 199, then
copied to everyone else's box, then deleted.  Works perfectly in
everything up to SVN (including beta3).

So onto the problem:

In this trunk,  I get the  following:

    -- x=0, open writing:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/acontext/103/tmp/JINAMD format: wav49,
0x9d75670

    -- x=1, open writing:  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/ acontext
/103/tmp/JINAMD format: gsm, 0x9d75988

    -- x=2, open writing:  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/ acontext
/103/tmp/JINAMD format: wav, 0x9d75c58

    -- User hung up

[Nov  3 00:22:55] NOTICE[8455]: app_voicemail.c:2541 copy_message:
Copying message from 103@ acontext to 101@ acontext

[Nov  3 00:22:55] WARNING[8455]: app_voicemail.c:1737 base_encode:
Failed to open log file: /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/acontext
/101/INBOX/msg0001.WAV: No such file or directory

  == Spawn extension (davesextensions, 199, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/101-09d6f4b8' following in the log:

Everyone in the list gets an email, but with an empty (270 byte) file,
and nobody's voicemail box actually has the message! Note that there is
only ever one copy message, but several Failed to open log file: (one
for each user) messages.

I am reporting it here, as it's changed behaviour from the beta3, and
the system under test has otherwise stayed exactly the same.

I was wondering if somehow perhaps the delete instruction for the group
box is somehow being executed before the copy has finished?

Best Regards,

Dave Bath