[asterisk-dev] Bug marshals - won't you take a look at 8188

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Nov 2 12:36:04 MST 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Stephen Davies wrote:
> I posted up a change that gets chan_iax2 to log jitter buffer stats
> into the logs regularly during active calls.

I've also responded to the bug (#8188), but I'll repost my comments below as
they're likely to get a greater audience of developers:

Interesting... John Todd and I were discussing something similar at
AstriCon, but in a more generic sense. What we'd like to see written is CQDR
-- Call Quality Detail Records. Think of them as sitting side-by-side the
CDR records, but showing information about the Call Quality.

In the case of IAX, we get all kinds of useful information, which we don't
currently capture (and your patch logs to the verbose log). In the case of
SIP, we have RTCP reports (as well as call quality reports in the BYE
messages of some endpoints).

Wouldn't it be cool to see all this information logged to a CQDR table?

-Jared