[asterisk-dev] dynamic queue members get stuck with status 'on hold'

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 06:43:23 MST 2006

On 11/2/06, Dean Bath <asterisk at inknbits.co.uk> wrote:

> I have an issue with 1.4 beta3 with dynamic queue members, I also pulled the
> latest SVN and that did the same. If a member takes a call from the queue
> and either places the call on hold or transfer it to another phone, the
> status of that member changes to 'On Hold'. So when the next call comes in,
> it will not call that member as it thinks they have a call on hold. If they
> do not place the call on hold or transfer all is fine and they can accept
> the next call. The only way I have found to remove the 'on hold' status is
> to completely restart asterisk, but it goes back to on hold the next time
> they transfer a call.
>

> I'm running Asterisk 1.4 beta3 running on Debian 2.6.17.3 with Polycom 501
> phones.

Are your SIP peers setup as type=friend or type=peer? If not
type=peer, please set them to that and try again. We're discovering
type=friend with SIP UA's that will eventually become members of the
queue is becoming very problematic and we'll have to do something more
to address that before 1.4 is released.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/