[asterisk-dev] Proposal to deprecate 'roundrobin' strategy in app_queue

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Wed May 31 00:20:40 MST 2006

Hello Kevin,

KPF> All,

KPF> I have here a request from our support department to officially
KPF> deprecate the 'roundrobin' queue strategy in app_queue as of the 1.4
KPF> release, and then remove it after that.

Regarding this matter what surprises me the most is that there is no
"circular" strategy in call distribution (as of 1.2.X); previously it
was stated that we can use rrmemory with penalties for this but it's not
working at all (at least I was not able to make it work!).

So, if someone is going to rework  queue strategies I'm kindly
suggesting to implement also a strategy that simply rings the first member
of a queue, then the second and so on till first is ringed again.

Every call should start from first member and scale linearly, no
matter who has answered the previous call.

What do you think about this ?

Tnx for the support!

--
Best regards,