[asterisk-dev] Application to connect two endpoints

North Antara north at ntbox.com
Tue May 30 11:15:53 MST 2006

> Hello all.
>
> I was needed to do the following thing with asterisk - given two
> endpoints, dial to the first one then dial to the second and then
> connect them together. Incoming calls are cheaper then outgoing :) I've
> wrote the simple application to accomplish this task, the source code is
> attached.
>
> Is it interesting to include it in asterisk? Probably the same thing can
> be done with current code. Probably it may have sense to have an
> application that dials to some endpoint and then forwards the dialed
> channel to the extension so that further actions like calling to the
> second channel may be configurable. It may have sense to modify dial
> application for that but it seems for me already complex.
>
> Any advice?

This can be done via the manager or call files, however, I would agree
that this could be useful to some people.

I would recommend putting this on the bug tracker (bugs.digium.com), and
let others test it.  You will, of course, need to have a disclaimer on
file with Digium before it can be put into svn.