[asterisk-dev] Recording sound directly from zaptel

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Fri May 26 16:03:34 MST 2006

Hello list

I need to do a bit of frequency analyzing for the PSTN telephony
system in Israel. I'm using Digium's TDM400 with FXO module on port1.

To be more particular - I'm trying to identify what signals our telco
company (bezeq) sends upon remote call hangup.

For this I'm looking to somehow record the raw sound information
coming from the phone line into the zaptel device and upper to the
zapata driver, preferably while asterisk is using the device.

The preferred recording format is WAV so that I could latter on use
Frequency Analyzer from relisoft.com to analyze it.

Can I in some way, running as root of curse, get a "direct recording
interface" to the device (Using the kernel I assume)?

Thank you,
Maxim.

[1] http://www.relisoft.com/freeware/freq.html

--