[asterisk-dev] IAX Client Library wrapper for vs.NET now available under LGPL

Andrew Pollack andrewp at thenorth.com
Fri May 26 07:34:56 MST 2006

I've create a wrapper class in Visual Studio .NET 2003 to handle
interaction with the iaxClient Library
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/iaxclient) as compiled to iaxclient.dll.

Until today, this was available only as byte code.  Now that several
people other than I have used it, and feedback has been positive, I'm
ready to release it as source.

The goal of this project was to create something which was complete enough
to be used by someone with mid level skills in any of the vs.net
application programming languages without them needing to deal with any of
the platform invoke nastiness themselves.

It is my fervent hope that by taking the hard part out of interacting with
the IAX Client Library, the hundreds of developers out there who prefer to
spend time making cool user interfaces in vs.net over drudgeing through
complex memory management issues will now have a toolkit to create really
great stuff.

Calling the unmanaged code in its library form is quite difficult for many
vs.NET programmers used to working within the CLR.  This wrapper handles
the event callbacks, and wraps many of the key function calls in native
"managed" .net code.   Those which have not yet been fully wrapped are
prototyped and available in an added "unsupported" namespace.

For now, information and downloads are HERE:

        http://www.thenorth.com/northern.nsf/html/nct_iaxclientwrapper

If Steve is willing, I'd love to see this added to the IAX Client Library
code store in an examples tree or something.

  Andrew Pollack
  President, Northern Collaborative Technologies
  http://www.thenorth.com/apblog
  Free World Dialup: 713144