[asterisk-dev] Writing a SIP client

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Thu May 25 09:21:50 MST 2006

On Thursday, May 25, 2006, 08:59:43, Vij wrote:
>         I'm planning to write a sip client for windows using the sip code
> available in asterisk, so that when new features like JB are introduced to
> sip, they can be added seamlessly to the softphone too and would work with
> asterisk seamlessly. I plan to create a dll, so it would be easy for anyone
> to create a custom looking softphone with the all features of * sip code.

An informational RFC that just came out may be of interest to you

   RFC 4504
   Title:      SIP Telephony Device Requirements and Configuration
   Author:     H. Sinnreich, Ed., S. Lass, C. Stredicke
   Date:       May 2006

   This document describes the requirements for SIP telephony devices,
   based on the deployment experience of large numbers of SIP phones and
   PC clients using different implementations in various networks. The
   objectives of the requirements are a well-defined set of
   interoperability and multi-vendor-supported core features, so as to
   enable similar ease of purchase, installation, and operation as found
   for PCs, PDAs, analog feature phones or mobile phones.

   We present a glossary of the most common settings and some of the
   more widely used values for some settings. This memo provides
   information for the Internet community.

If  nothing else you should browse section 3 "Glossary and Usage for the
Configuration Settings" for ideas on what to name your settings.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh