[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Realtime for agent.conf?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 24 16:14:30 MST 2006

Tielin Xu wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about the plan for Realtime to handle
> agent.conf in future?

There is no plan at this time. The file will be need to be reorganized
into a Realtime-compatible format first, and then somebody needs to work
on chan_agent. Given how complex chan_agent already is, and how many
locking issues it causes, I doubt that will be a simple task.

However... we have been talking about just removing callback mode from
chan_agent completely, and ensuring that app_queue with dynamic queue
members can accomplish all the same functionality. There are people who
are going to work on that during the next development cycle, so stay tuned.