[asterisk-dev] say.c : Enable multiple voicesets for other languages than 'en'

Michel Koenen michel.koenen at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:30:23 MST 2006

Hi,

A month ago I posted my patch for the subject in the digium issue tracker. I
got back as feedback that it will be better to discuss it here because these
kind of issues most likely get stalled in the bug-tracker.

For those who have access to the tracker, it is regarding issue 0006980 and
it is a patch on say.c
"It is possible to set different languages like 'female' or 'male' but then
they will use the english way of date/time formats. For other languages,
like in my example 'nl', it is only possible to use one voiceset with
correct date/time pronounciation by setting the language to 'nl. I want to
expand this to unlimited voicesets per language which use the language
specific date/time formats."

I can only think of the pro's but are there any con's and if not , how to
proceed when the issue tracker is not the correct medium to get my patch
evaluated and into the source code? (my disclaimer is already sent to Digium
last year..)

Best regards,
Michel Koenen