[asterisk-dev] Centos 4.3 Issues

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbned.nl
Tue May 23 01:08:53 MST 2006

Greg,

> Basically, I need some way to simulate the specific routines
> in the codec
> where it segfaults so we can test just the math portion of it
> on various
> platforms to see if we can replicate it.

You said in an earlier email:
"He determined that the problem was that the values that were being
 returned in that routine were incorrect. I.E. something in the
 system was returning a non-zero value when multiplying a number by
 "0".
"

I'm not sure if a "simple" multiplication is handled in libc or the
kernel. I'm guessing it would have to be a corruption somewhere,
maybe something is overwriting your result.

On the Centos machines I'm running I don't update the kernel unless
I have to (up2date has an explicit exclude item for it). I haven't
seen the problem you're describing, but I'm not running the latest
CentOS kernels (if they are to blame).

--
Andreas Sikkema                       BBned NV
Software Engineer                Planeetbaan 4