[asterisk-dev] make install in zaptel copies modules to wrong location with Ubuntu 5.10

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun May 21 23:01:38 MST 2006

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 10:37:06PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> >(those are built using linux-headers , rather than kernel-headers that I
> >use as a Sarge user)
> Does that use "make install" within the build script under fakeroot or
> chkinstall?

Basically "make" and "make install" under fakeroot.

Specifically:

make modules KERNEL_SOURCES=$(KSRC) MODVERSIONS=detect KERNEL=linux-$(KVERS)
make install-modules KERNELRELEASE=$(KVERS) INSTALL_PREFIX=$(CURDIR)/debian/$(PKGNAME)

Though I must admit that as I look at those commands, I must say that
those are not what I have expected. They do seem to include too much
magic.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406