[asterisk-dev] Selective debugging

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Sun May 21 22:10:58 MST 2006

Guys,

Any way of implementing selective debug? Anyone thought
about it? The idea is - for instance if I connect a SIP
phone to a production * server, but it does not work,
just issuing a command "sip debug" would generate a nasy
amount of visible data, it will show hundreds of SIP
sessions in second. But if we would have a section in
sip.conf debuglevel=x that only SELECTED phone would be
debugged - this would make things hugely more
comprehensive. BTW - most commecial systems does have that,
since users need that. MERA for instance. All channels
should be able to debug only selected sessions/devices/etc.

Any thoughts anyone?
Regards,
Anton.