[asterisk-dev] Compiling from a /team branch.

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun May 21 11:34:02 MST 2006

Obelix wrote:
> Is there a way of knowing which revision the branch, or any other branch in
> particular is based on.

~/src/asterisk/bug6082$ svn propget svnmerge-integrated .
/trunk:1-29203

This means that this is a branch off of the trunk, and it has all of the
changes made in the trunk from revisions 1 to 29203.

> I would also like to know more about the Asterisk branching philosophy.

There isn't much to it, but here is the basic layout:

svn/asterisk/trunk
This is the main development tree where all of the big changes go that
will be available in the next major release.

svn/asterisk/branches/*
This contains branches for major releases.  Once a branch is created for
a major release, such as 1.2, it only receives changes to fix bugs.  Sub
releases are made from this branch.

svn/asterisk/tags/*
This is where you can find the exact snapshots of the release branches
that were made into tarballs for releases.

svn/asterisk/team/*
This is where Asterisk developers are able to create branches while
working on additions for the the trunk.  We have the ability to keep
these branches automatically up to date with the trunk, and we will
receive an email if any changes in the trunk cause a conflict with
changes present in the branch.

Russell