[asterisk-dev] make install in zaptel copies modules to wrong location with Ubuntu 5.10

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat May 20 01:34:49 MST 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 05:28:43PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> >>There is no need. Essentially this boils down to /lib/modules/`uname
> >>-r`/build/Makefile not containing enough information to create its own
> >>path, which is needed for installing modules for that kernel.
> >>

> >grep EXTRAVERSION /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-686/Makefile
> >EXTRAVERSION =
> >ifeq ($(EXTRAVERSION),)
> >EXTRAVERSION := $(shell [ ! -f .extraversion ] || cat .extraversion)
> >KERNELRELEASE=$(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)$(EXTRAVERSION)
> >export  VERSION PATCHLEVEL SUBLEVEL EXTRAVERSION KERNELRELEASE ARCH \
> >
> >EXTRAVERSION does not have to come from the Makefile.
> grep -i extraversion /lib/modules/2.6.12-9-686/build/Makefile
> EXTRAVERSION =
> KERNELRELEASE=$(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)$(EXTRAVERSION)$(LOCALVERSION)
> export  VERSION PATCHLEVEL SUBLEVEL EXTRAVERSION LOCALVERSION
> KERNELRELEASE \
>
> It looks like Ubuntu doesn't package their kernels it like Debian does.

It does. Either upstream has changed it in 2.6.12 or Debian have changed
it in 2.6.12 (which still was the last kernel-image package that Debian
Etch used before the transition to linux-image)

$ grep EXTRAVERSION /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.12-1-686/Makefile
EXTRAVERSION =
KERNELRELEASE=$(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)$(EXTRAVERSION)$(LOCALVERSION)
export  VERSION PATCHLEVEL SUBLEVEL EXTRAVERSION LOCALVERSION
KERNELRELEASE \

Now, would you please provide me the information I asked for (that 'make
check'). Private mail or IRC will do, as I have some follow-up
questions.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406