[asterisk-dev] make install in zaptel copies modules to wrong location with Ubuntu 5.10

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri May 19 15:07:53 MST 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 04:56:31PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
> > I can modify the Makefile if you like and send the output, but it should
> > only confirm what I have said above.  I'll reply with line numbers and
> > svn revision numbers later today.
>
> There is no need. Essentially this boils down to /lib/modules/`uname
> -r`/build/Makefile not containing enough information to create its own
> path, which is needed for installing modules for that kernel.

grep EXTRAVERSION /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.8-2-686/Makefile
EXTRAVERSION =
ifeq ($(EXTRAVERSION),)
EXTRAVERSION := $(shell [ ! -f .extraversion ] || cat .extraversion)
KERNELRELEASE=$(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)$(EXTRAVERSION)
export  VERSION PATCHLEVEL SUBLEVEL EXTRAVERSION KERNELRELEASE ARCH \

EXTRAVERSION does not have to come from the Makefile.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com