[asterisk-dev] make install in zaptel copies modules to wrong location with Ubuntu 5.10

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Fri May 19 10:18:39 MST 2006

Hi,

I did an install last week on Ubuntu 5.10 recently and when running make
install, instead of installing under /lib/modules/`uname -r` (which was
2.6.12-9-686) it went in /lib/modules/2.6.12.

I traced the issue to the call to "make modules_install" from the zaptel
Makefile to the packaged Makefile for the kernel in ubuntu.  It didn't
have $(EXTRAVERSION) defined properly.

Now I'm no Makefile expert and I realize it is a bug in Ubuntu (and
possibly other distributions), but think there should be a work-around
in the zaptel Makefile.

One possible solution is to just copy the kernel modules in the zaptel
Makefile instead of calling the kernel Makefile.  What do you think?

Mike