[asterisk-dev] Most Requested Feature (was Paging on the Linksys)

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed May 17 22:51:23 MST 2006

18 maj 2006 kl. 03.49 skrev George Pajari:

> Not wishing necessarily to open that Pandora's box but I can't help
> myself....
>> John Lange wrote:
>>

>>> We are very interested in solving this issue because paging seems
>>> to be
>>> the most often asked for feature in Asterisk that doesn't really
>>> exist.
>>>

> Kevin P. Fleming replied:
>> It's not. The most asked for feature is key-system functionality,
>> followed closed by T.38 media gateway support. Doing paging the
>> way we
>> do it now seems to work for many people.
>>

> While not disagreeing with Mr. Fleming's opinion, I would like to
> know where reliable SIP jitter buffering is on the radar. Obviously
> rarely an issue for those deploying SIP devices within a LAN but
> those of us offering hosted Asterisk PBX services really notice the
> lack of SIP jitter buffering (as would anyone trying to support
> remote users on their Asterisk boxes).

We have had one in the bug tracker for a long time, requesting
testing many, many times and got very little
feedback. I do thank you for dedicating time to test this this week
and next, so we can get some valuable
input and possibly move this patch forward.

It's available both in test-this-branch and the jitterbuffer branch.
You enable it in the Makefile (we're waiting for Russell
to assist us in making it configurable in the new config system).

/Olle