[asterisk-dev] Variable Inheritance, Setting Channel Variables outside of current context

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Wed May 17 13:11:39 MST 2006

In documenting Set(), I've realized a few things:

     1. While __FOO will be inherited by all children, children who set FOO,
        _FOO or __FOO to something else will not be read by the parent.

     2. You cannot set a channel variable in another channel other than the
        channel you are in.

     3. There doesn't seem to be a way to communicate a variable or return
        value back to the parent context from a child context or a macro.

Is that accurate?  If not, please let me know so I can document it.

Beckman