[asterisk-dev] [feature requests]: 'zap answer confirmation info' and 'different clis on forking'

Christian B bencokakao at gmail.com
Tue May 16 09:26:00 MST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 08:54:26 -0600
Jared Smith <jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net> wrote:
> There's no reason you can't do it simultaneously, using chan_local.
> (This is untested code -- but should give you what you need to make it
> run.)
>
> exten => s,1,SetCallerID(0023123456 <0023123456>)
> exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/88888 at sipproxy.domain.com&Local/ss at context|20)
>
> exten => ss,1,SetCallerID(23123456 <23123456>)
> exten => ss,n,Dial(Zap/G1c/0023777777)

superb! this is working great! feeling a bit sheepish now ;-) but this
is very nice, doesn't even break my cdr's too much. don't want make
excuses here, i simply missed this possibility, thanks for pointing
me to this :-)

> As for your other question about call confirmations, you may want to
> check out either the 'a' option (to announce to the called party that
> they need to confirm the receipt of the call), or the 'p' option.
> While the 'p' option probably isn't a perfect fit, I often find it's
> easier for people to grasp than Dial macros like Peter explained.

nope, i did my homework here and read the dial-command doc over and
over again and i've tried both the announce- as well as the
macro-option, both do not work with the "answer confirmation" as the
zap-channel is not bridged unless the pound is pressed, after pressing
'#', the announce is played respectively the macro started, not before.
Regarding the 'p'-option, don't know how this could help me here. This
starts the PrivacyManager-app as far as i've understood, which asks the
caller for his callerid in case it is not provided. Did i miss
something?

regards
christian