[asterisk-dev] IAX and SIP manager events inconsistency?

Wojtek Kaniewski wojtekka at toxygen.net
Tue May 16 00:05:45 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to do some monitoring of IAX and SIP registration, but
manager events seem to be inconsistent. Each one contains different
information, so it's hard for me to find out to which provider the event
applies.

                               | Username |     Domain
------------------------------+----------+---------------
SIP Registration Success [1]  |    no    | yes, hostname
SIP Registration Failure [2]  |    yes   | yes, hostname
IAX2 Registration Success [3] |    no    |   yes, IP
IAX2 Registration Failure [4] |    yes   |      no

I don't understand why IAX events don't send hostname. Is this a result
of a conscious decision? Or maybe it would be okay if I wrote a patch to
unify all events and send username plus hostname (not IP)?

Regards,
Wojtek

[1] Channel: SIP
     Domain: localhost