[asterisk-dev] Play a File on a bridged Channel

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Mon May 15 03:40:28 MST 2006

Hi Alvaro,
 the patch from http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6335 could do the job, but
currently there is only part of it in mantis and it will probably need some
fixes (and take some time) before i upload the next part, so you may take a
look at the full patch attached.

 I would like to use the opportunity to also get some feedback on this issue
(as advised in mantis) from the developers.
 This functionality is very helpful for doing several things during the call
as there is a separate thread starting at scheduled intervals with access to
both call legs (which adds a great flexibility), so you can, not just checkup
the database, but also play/send to either of the channels by simply calling
your custom application. The change is nontrivial and will definitely cause
additional load during the call, but only when used, so it won't hurt asterisk
performance for those who don't use it.

 Any comments are welcome.

On Sun, 14 May 2006 20:09:00 -0500, Alvaro Parres wrote