Respuesta: Re: [asterisk-dev] Making some changes to chan_sip andwouldlikesomefeedback

Steven critch at basesys.com
Sat May 13 17:09:46 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 23:04 -0500, roberto caspa wrote:
> Here is what we are trying to achieve:
>
> We setup sip entries for our devices.  These devices are "dumb" in the
> sense that they are only allowed to dial emergency numbers and a
> specific extension where a user logs in.
>
> Upon login, we use the dialplan to retrieve the user's context from
> the db and overwrite the device's context in the db.  We run a perl
> script that creates a new .conf file for that device using the values
> in the db which now include the user's context rather than the
> original one(shamelessly taken from AMP/freePBX).  We then execute a
> system call from the dialplan reloading that .conf file.
>
> Now we have mobile users able to log in to any device , and different
> call center agents using the same desk with a different permission
> set.
>
> Log off reverses the process and we now have a dumb device again.

Maybe it is just me, but I think you are trying to go the hard way about
getting this done.

Other than dialing out, there isn't really a need to change any
information in the sip.conf file when a user logs in. You could just as
easily link in your DB the dumb device you have with the user and when a
call needs to go to that user, you just look up the device to send the
call via your scripts that you have already.

Dialing out of these dumb devices could also take a short trip through
your scripts to verify who they are and then attach that information to
the call before allowing the call to finish progressing.

So unless you are changing the way the device behaves when they log in,
there doesn't seem to be a need for code changes.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>