[asterisk-dev] SNMP support for Digium Cards

hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr
Sat May 13 05:46:03 MST 2006

Tzafrir,

> cross-posting to asterisk-users and to asterisk-dev
> is not a good idea.
> You should know that by now, as you have been told
> that numerous time.

I cross-posting because nobody answer !
I think some people are able to answer this question ?
Please, don't tell me people here are not here to
serve you .

> Your question, as phrased, was probably relevant to
> the users's list.

No i guess asterisk-dev too .

> You didn't actually state what you would like to
> monitor in the Digium
> cards. Recall that Asterisk sees "zaptel channels"
> and "zaptel spans"
> rather than "Digium cards". Specifically, a
> quad-span T1 card will have
> up to 4 spans and 96 separate channels, and Digium's
> TDM2400P card can
> have up to 6 spans.

According to Eicon cards :

Using the AgentX protocol Diva SNMPX extends an
existing snmp master agent to provide runtime data of
installed Diva Server adapters. It provides call and
line statistics as well as status and errors.
Supported OIDs include the MIB-II ifTable (RFC
1213/2233) which is standard in all known
SNMP-management applications as well as subsets of
DS1-MIB (RFC2495), ISDN-MIB (RFC2127) and
DIALCONTROL-MIB (RFC2128) and interface/channel state
traps (RFC2233).

> Zaptel channels can also be generated by some other
> hardware types:
> * Jim Dixon's Tormenta T1/E1 cards (free design.
> They are still sold due
>   to their cheap price)
> * Jim Dixon's pciradio (I have no idea if it is
> actually being used)
> * Our (Xorcom) Astribank: the "xpp" driver
> * ZapHFC: cheap ISDN/BRI cards based on the Cologne
> HFC-S chipset and
>   drivers from bristuff
> * Junghanns cards (Again, part of the bristuff
> patch)
>   - qozap: quad- and octo-ISDN (BRI) cards
>   - cwain: single and dual E1
>   - ztgsm: single- dual- and quad- GSM adapters
>

> If you would like to speak in the language of
> developers, please define
> your requirements in a more exact manner. What
> information about Digium
> cards you would like to see that is not availble
> today.
>
> I suggest that you start from filing a feature
> request bug in the mantis
> with all the relevant information.

I'll do it

Many Thanks tzafrir for you help .