[asterisk-dev] Simplify ast_stream_and_wait call

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 10 04:51:10 MST 2006

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> i do see some large code simplifications in removing the last arguments,
> including removing all the inconsistencies we have at the moment in
> the existing say.c implementation which randomly uses one
> or the other 'language' in the various functions.

As we discussed this morning, that is a separate issue entirely.

Casper: the answer to your question is that yes, sometimes people do
intentionally play sound files in other languages than the channel's
configured language. For example, IVRs in the United States frequently
play one or two prompts in both English and Spanish, in case the caller
speaks Spanish, even though the channel is in English mode at that
point. Forcing the user to change the channel's language, or to put
Spanish prompts in the English sounds directory, seem very silly to me.