[asterisk-dev] Simplify ast_stream_and_wait call

Andrey S. Pankov casper at casper.org.ua
Tue May 9 14:30:14 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

I would tend to agree with your assessment, except that this change
would not really improve the code base in any significant way, and would
make more complexity for people who _do_ want to use a different
language. Do you see some performance or code simplification benefit to
making this change?

If someone needs to use a different language he should set that language
for the channel. The change is intended to hide ast_channel internals
from their users (in that case I consider as bugs the existing differences
I mentioned in my previous message). Can you imagine why one may want to
use language which was set for another channel? I can't... That's why
I propose to have a separate function ast_streamfile_full for say modules
and pbx_builtin_background (as a workaround for now). Or to introduce
something like ast_set_lang(chan)/ast_get_lang(chan). That way we are
always sure language is set to another value intentionnaly. Moreover
that simplification reduces call stack size and IMO a QA issue anyway.

casper