[asterisk-dev] There is Set, but is there Get?

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Tue May 9 10:17:52 MST 2006

In documenting things, I'm realizing that many "Set..." commands were
replaced by "Set(varname=value)."  However, there doesn't seem to be a
"Get" command to match.  I assume this is because you can reference
everything as a variable that you set.

So, effectively, AppendCDRUserField() is equivalent to:

     Set(CDR(userfield)=${CDR(userfield)}value)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or confirm that I'm right.

Is the prefered usage to use the AppendCDRUserField function, or to use the
Set() application?  Will AppendCDRUserField be deprecated at some point?

Beckman