[asterisk-dev] Simplify ast_stream_and_wait call

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 9 01:16:48 MST 2006

Andrey S. Pankov wrote:

> Currently ast_stream_and_wait takes four args. Can it be
> simplified to take only three of them?

In the future, it would be helpful if you described what you are trying
to accomplish, instead of the mechanics of doing so.

For example, in this case what you are really asking is 'why does
ast_stream_and_wait need a language argument when it already has the
channel and we always use the same language as defined on the channel?'.

I would tend to agree with your assessment, except that this change
would not really improve the code base in any significant way, and would
make more complexity for people who _do_ want to use a different
language. Do you see some performance or code simplification benefit to
making this change?