[asterisk-dev] ISUP over MGCP and/or SIP - A Project and BOUNTY

Ahmed Naji worldentropy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 8 16:37:56 MST 2006

List,

I need to implement ISUP functionality by utilising Asterisk as a Call
Agent (3PCC in case of SIP), and one ore more Cisco AS5350 or similar as
media gateways.

The setup will be such that F-Links will be extracted from the PRI
circuit(s) and handed over to Asterisk for call processing. The
interface would be implemented as a channel (e.g. chan_mgcpisup), much
the same way as chan_ss7 is implemented. Where implementation is via
SIP, Asterisk would implement 3rd Part Call Control to get the gateway
to talk ISUP, and handle the signalling payload in a SIP-enveloped
message. The latter (i.e. SIP implementation is preferred).

I am thinking to handover the signalling in an H.225 payload, process it
and hand it over back to the gateway the same way it came: i.e.
SCCP/MTP3/MTP2 ..etc.

Bounty wise, I am thinking $5,000 for a documented, demostrable version,
with further bounties put on mile-stones.

Thanks,

Ahmed Naji
5G Networks LTD