[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Reinvite and OpenSer

Gene Willingham gwillingham at telasip.com
Fri May 5 08:07:04 MST 2006

I am having an issue with reinvites and Openser.  Openser processes the SIP
messages in separate threads.  The processing for ACK is longer than for the
REinvite.  This is causing the order of the messages to get reversed.

Our provider is seeing the Reinvite prior to the ACK and sending us a 406
Not Acceptable then dropping the call.

We modified the source by adding a usleep(20000) prior to processing the
reinvite.  This seems to have resolved the issue, but may have a performance
impact.  The question is:

Are the SIP messages processed in a single thread?  By introducing the
sleep, are we pausing the processing of all sip requests?

Thanks in advance.

Gene