[asterisk-dev] SPA941 SPA942 BUG. auto answer does not work.

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Fri May 5 07:22:41 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 18:53 +1000, Asterisk wrote:
> I want to report a BUG with the Linksys SPA94X so it is general
> knowledge and that we can all make noise about it so it will get fixed
> sooner..

The -dev mailing list is not the correct place to report bugs in Linksys
hardware.  And cross-posting to both mailing lists is just plain bad
form.  (Yes, I'm replying to both lists, so that both lists will get the
answer.)

> The handsets do not work with the SIP flag to make them AUTO-ANSWER. (As
> documented is should)
> Ie, you cannot use them with intercom or Page features.

This is wrong.  I've been making them auto-answer for quite some time
now.

> This works with the Sipura841 fine.  So linksys broke it.  Um..
> interesting is it not, considering it works with there SPA9000 unit...
> sounds a bit fishy to me..

No, this works with both the SPA-941 and SPA-942.  Here's an example
from my extensions.conf file:

exten => 514,1,SipAddHeader(Call-Info: \;answer-after=0)
exten => 514,2,Dial(SIP/Linksys942)

-Jared