[asterisk-dev] Re: meetme join announcement behaviour (option -i)

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri May 5 07:15:46 MST 2006

In article <20060505123115.18096.qmail at web32503.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
1 2 <vortex_0_o at yahoo.com> wrote:
> just one for the suggestion box:
>
> new participant should hear their own join announcement and / or current
> conference voice instead of dead air while their announcment plays.
>
> as there is no feedback while the anouncement is played some
> participants wonder if they are connected to the conference while others
> assume they are and start talking early.
>
> Maybe connect to conference first then play announcement?
>
> Apologies - am not a coder and don't know if this would be a trivial
> change or not.

I have this fixed in my own version of MeetMe, along with a bunch of other
related things. However, they rely on an enhancement of mine that I
submitted in Mantis bug #3599, which uses a separate thread to play
confecence announcements. Check out the v4 patch on there as a starting
point. You may have to apply it by hand as app_meetme has changed a bit
since then.

Unfortunately, this thread-based enhancement was never taken up by the
maintainers.

Cheers
Tony
--