[asterisk-dev] Documenting Function Examples

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue May 2 09:39:29 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 10:56 -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
> I'm trying to standardize how we're going to document function examples.
> Can I get an opinion on what format is more correct, now and in the future?
>
>      1. exten => s,1,Authenticate(${PASSWORD} | a)
>
>      2. exten => s,1,Authenticate(${PASSWORD}| a)
>
>      3. exten => s,1,Authenticate(${PASSWORD}|a)
>
>      4. exten => s,1,Authenticate(${PASSWORD}, a)
>
>      5. exten => s,1,Authenticate(${PASSWORD},a)

Preferably option 3, but arguably option 5 is OK as well... Internally,
the comma in option 5 gets turned into a pipe character, and option 5
becomes option 3.

I suggest that people that are interested in helping with the
documentation of Asterisk join us in IRC (freenode.net, the
#asterisk-doc channel), as many of the core people on the documentation
team are hanging out there.

-Jared