[asterisk-dev] [patch] FYI: app_voicemail feature addition (#7063)

mitch at thosesharps.net mitch at thosesharps.net
Mon May 1 15:17:40 MST 2006

I just opened a new feature in mantis #7063.  It's a patch to app_voicemail that
allows a user to dial 1-9 during leave_message... if they press 1, they are
delivered to extension vm1, 2 to vm2, and so on.

It uses the same logic as the o and a extensions in the app_voicemail
leave_message function (because I just copied and pasted it for the most part).

Our reasoning for this was we already use the o (0) and a(*) extensions for the
operator and VoiceMailMain, and we needed to allow a user to dial 1 (or any
other number) to get to that extension's cell phone (or some other extension).

As this is my first patch, any comments are welcome, but please be gentle!  :-)

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7063

Mitch Sharp