[asterisk-dev] Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006925, 04-28-06 17:49 Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006920

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon May 1 14:00:15 MST 2006

Denis Smirnov wrote:

> Simple concept attached.

Which will fail on many systems, especially those where the library is
not installed where you expect it to be.

Again, I ask: describe the _value_ of doing this, not the mechanics of
doing it. We aren't going to change the build process just because it's
easy (or relatively so), there has to be a valid reason. Do you realize
that changing this to install a library means that distros will likely
have to start packaging the library and the binary in separate packages,
along with creating a 'libasterisk-dev' package for building external
modules, etc.? That's a lot of work for us and them, if we can't
describe a very good reason for doing it.