[asterisk-dev] Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006925, 04-28-06 17:49 Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006920

Denis Smirnov ds at seiros.ru
Mon May 1 04:41:40 MST 2006

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 04:22:35PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>> at the moment there are already several things that are build outside
>> the asterisk binary and need the library, e.g. astman and aelparse.
>> At the moment we replicate code there, plus there are Makefile
>> issues causing stuff to be rebuild (e.g. ast_expr2.*) from the
>> wrong place requiring duplicate rules in the makefiles...
KPF> That is true, but those are not widely used tools. This would be a
KPF> rather large amount of work, and certainly not something we can spend
KPF> time on in the next 60 days as we focus on getting a new release made :-)

Also many peoples want to have sound file converters, that support all and
only that codecs and file formats, that supported by Asterisk. I would be
useful thing, if installed g729 codec would add ability to command line
(not with asterisk CLI) file formats converting.

loader.c, frame.c, channel.c and logger.c needs to be moved in library,
because used by many other modules.

And using library can add some improvement for binary compatibility for
modules, builded for one asterisk version and used by another.

E.g. app_(r|t)xfax needs only nativecodecs from channel (that I propose to
functions-only, not direct access), logging and frame. If it would be
moved to library, than many modifications with this files (and, if we
hasn't direct access to structure data modifications for this structure)
would not break binary compatibility. And it's good.

This moving helps to minimize duplicate code and improve API stability
without affecting development speed.

JID: ds at im.seiros.ru
ICQ: 58417635 (please, use jabber, if you can)

http://freesource.info/