[asterisk-dev] RFI for AAL; 16 Application Documentation Problems

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Fri Mar 31 20:50:21 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 13:58 -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 10:54, Steve Murphy wrote:
> > First of all, is it completely true that none of the following take
> > any arguments? For instance, I KNOW that NoOp is a lie! It takes args
> > and it prints them out to the console when it is invoked...
>
> That is incorrect.  NoOp takes no arguments.  What you're seeing on the
> console is a result of the verbose setting being level 3 or higher.  All
> applications and their arguments are posted to the console at that
> level, whether or not the application does anything with them.  If you
> want an app that truly does post output to the console, see Verbose().

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
If that's the only mistake I've made in my previous message,
I've done well... but why do I doubt that???  ;^)

But it also alerts me to the fact, that applications that do not
"take" arguments, also might not "refuse" them. In other words, those
apps that take no arguments may not be checking to be sure that none
were given, and issueing error/warning messages in that case. Another
issue is whether it would be desirable for many apps to do so...(In
other words, people use apps depending on this behavior)!

Sigh.

murf