[asterisk-dev] chan_nbs and nbs

Christopher Rhodes crhodes at quartexusa.com
Fri Mar 31 11:03:43 MST 2006

Hi All,

I am working with the NBS channel driver in Asterisk. If I remember
correctly there is a way to tell the NBS how to prioritize streams
currently running NBS. Is there a way to set a priority level using the
current NBS channel driver?

For instance, NBS is currently playing a music stream from XMMS. When a
call comes through on Asterisk the XMMS stream volume is lowered and the
call has priority. This is great for most announcements, but for
emergency announcements I need the previous stream(s) to be muted
entirely. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christopher Rhodes

Software Engineer