[asterisk-dev] Re: Architectural Freeze for 1.4

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 06:41:45 MST 2006

In article <20060330001028.GI14564 at delink.net>,
Brian T Glenn <brian-asterisk at delink.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 05:37:02PM -0600, Tilghman Lesher may have written:
> > On Wednesday 29 March 2006 16:38, Brian T Glenn wrote:
> > >
> > > There are two versions of the patch: one for asterisk 1.2.6 and one
> > > for SVN-trunk-r16051M. I would imagine the SVN-trunk version should
> > > continue to patch cleanly for now, but I will try to track the
> > > SVN-trunk and keep that patch up to date.
> >
> > Given that it is a new feature, it's not going anywhere near 1.2.  Trunk
> > is the only place where it could be applied.
>
> I understand that. The 1.2.6 patch is merely for people who want to
> attempt to use it on a non-SVN system. My goal for submitting to the
> project would be inclusion in 1.4, hence the 1.2.6 patch will not be
> submitted to bugs.digium.com.

Do submit the 1.2 patch to bugs.digium.com. The maintainers won't add it
to the 1.2 tree of course, but it means it is preserved in the correct
place for anyone who wants to add it to their own 1.2 tree.

I submit 1.2 patches for new features I produce, for that very reason.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield