[asterisk-dev] Architectural Freeze for 1.4

Brian T Glenn brian-asterisk at delink.net
Wed Mar 29 15:38:18 MST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 04:27:29PM -0600, Tilghman Lesher may have written:
> On Wednesday 29 March 2006 15:53, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> > > He didn't realize that 1.4 was so close to feature freeze and
> > > wanted to make sure that this got included before the end date so
> > > he can stop maintaining it as a separate patch..
> >
> > What we are about to enter is _architectural freeze_; beyond that
> > point, we will not accept any more patches that have wide-ranging
> > effects on the tree or that radically restructure any existing
> > functionality. The feature freeze comes later, sometime in May, IIRC.
>
> According to the announced schedule (which went to this list on Jan 20),
> the architectural freeze continues for two months, and the feature
> freeze hits on May 31st or thereabouts.  June is reserved for the beta
> test before release on or about July 1st.

This is good news then. I am about to get my disclaimer in order. I
created an account on bugs.digium.com. I will get the bug opened on the
system and let people test more from there. As Greg mentioned before,
the patches are available from the following site:

http://www.delink.net/software.php

There are two versions of the patch: one for asterisk 1.2.6 and one for
SVN-trunk-r16051M. I would imagine the SVN-trunk version should continue
to patch cleanly for now, but I will try to track the SVN-trunk and keep
that patch up to date.

Thanks,
--
Brian T Glenn