[asterisk-dev] G723 Payload

azyuky azyuky at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 18:40:26 MST 2006

Hi folks,

I'm new to the list so please bare with me if this question has already been asked.

Does anyone of you know the default payload size of the g723 codec that asterisk
sending out? I'm currently using g723 codec compiled from the "non-commercial
license" Intel IPP. Link is here
www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/perflib/ipp/index.htm. I need to find
a way to customize the G723 payload size to 48 bytes.

Oh while I'm at it, how are we doing with the silence suppresion in Asterisk? I'm
not sure what the status of VAD (Voice Activity Detection) is right now.

Thanks for reading and hope to receive something back from you guys soon.

-az