[asterisk-dev] Architectural Freeze for 1.4

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Mar 28 10:13:00 MST 2006

I want to remind everybody that we have our scheduled architectural
freeze, this Friday, for the 1.4 release.  What this means is that if
you have features that you would like to see in 1.4 THAT REQUIRE
CHANGES TO THE HEADER FILES, those changes need to be finalized
by this Friday.  We may push back the date by a couple days, if we have
enough on the bugtracker to discuss, but your patches on the bugtracker
must be applicable to the current trunk, and you must have addressed all
concerns listed on the bugtracker before Friday for your patch to be
considered for 1.4.

Features that do not require changes to the header files are not
architectural in nature; those features have until the beginning of May
to be gotten ready.

I hope to see a flurry of activity on the bugtracker, so we may go
forward with each of our planned freeze dates, culminating in the
release of 1.4 by the end of June.

--
Tilghman