[asterisk-dev] Support for Dialogic DM3 cards

Gilmore, Gerry gerry.gilmore at intel.com
Mon Mar 27 12:04:41 MST 2006

Listen, I didn't (and don't) want to start - or participate in - Yet
Another Licensing War. As I said, I (personally) wish that Intel's
license were pure GPL, but it isn't. Since it isn't, it's up to Digium
to decide how to interpret the licensing of Asterisk, since Mark
originated it and has always licensed it under the dual-license, which
has been discussed ad nauseum here and elsewhere.

In this case, Mark and Digium have been clear and consistent:
whenever/ifever we (Intel) license our System Release code under the
GPL, we're welcome to have the channel driver code put into the SVN
tree. The ball is clearly in our court.

Gerry

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary
and those who don't.

Gerry Gilmore
Field Applications Engineer
Intel Corporation