[asterisk-dev] DSP pci board.

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:37:41 MST 2006

From: http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2006/03/14/1456373.htm

Digium Inc., the creator of Asterisk(TM), and pioneer of open source
telephony, today announced the availability of new hardware solutions
to enhance Asterisk transcoding and echo cancellation performance for
VoIP and PSTN gateways. These new products include the TC400P VoIP
transcoding card...

<snip>

The TC400P provides hardware transcoding of VoIP codecs; decreasing
Asterisk's work load and providing improved CPU efficiency and an
increase in channel density over a software-only solution. The TC400P
provides Asterisk with full transcoding support and hardware
acceleration for the G.723.1 and G.729A codecs.

Can't wait for more info on this one.

MATT---