[asterisk-dev] rtp scalability improvement...

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Mon Mar 20 01:32:09 MST 2006

Hello,

Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:
[skipped]
> > OpenH323 have some deadlock issues I tried to solve about a year ago (you
can find those patches somewhere at
> > bugs.digium.com). I'm not sure my patches are applied to latest openh323
tree, but small fixes to pwlib already have
> > ones...
>
> What was cause of those deadlocks?

The reason for deadlocks was negotiation timeout handling. When timeout is
happends and you have waiting packet received at the same time, packet
processing code locks channel structure then tries to stop retry timeout handler
(which locks itself), while timeout handler (when timeout happends) locks itself
then tries to lock channel structure which is already locked by packet handling
process.

> In my case there is the issue with Master-Slave negotiation timeout,
> right after when my side receiving Alerting message.

That's the situation described above.

Check #3967 at bugs.digium.com (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3967).

WBR,
Paul.