[asterisk-dev] rtp scalability improvement...

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 16:06:23 MST 2006

I would say that more than one server is not good, when
there is performance issues only. having processing 1000
calls/s on fast hardware and good clustering options will
bring asterisk to a new usage levels. Industry levels. And
possibly Industry would involve it's developers too. In
normal case that will lead asterisk to became a monster
app, able to do most things needed in telephony :)

In the comparisions of price/performace - Asterisk can
win... but total luck of H323 support kills any advantages.
MVTS costs $3500 per 30 concurent calls (E1) and I would
love to replace it with Asterisk even in cost of extra
servers. But as I said - there is no H323 in Asterisk.

Regards,
Anton