[asterisk-dev] Re: branch 1.2 r12927 - /branches/1.2/apps/app_dial.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Mar 19 03:09:16 MST 2006

Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
>> I'd like to offer the opinion that it would be better to revert this
>> change and instead document the behaviour. Here are my reasons:

Your reasoning sounds good to me.  I have reverted the change and
applied the other patch from issue 6523 which updates the documentation
to reflect the actual behavior.  I did this in both the 1.2 branch and
trunk.

> I would agree on all points, not that my opinion carries much weight. It
> is important to preserve behavior in a release tree, even if the behavior
> is "unintended".

Of course your opinion carries weight.  I rely on the opinions of those
of you that use this software a lot more than I do to help me determine
what is best for the community.  I am passionate about Asterisk, but I
unfortunately lag behind in the practical experience of using it in
large production environments.

Thanks for the feedback!

Russell