[asterisk-dev] T38 Passthrough in chan_sip.c

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Mar 18 01:44:13 MST 2006

18 mar 2006 kl. 09.01 skrev George Pajari:

> I'm trying to figure out why the T38 passthrough code generates
> warnings of the form "The other side of the bridge don't have udptl
> struct" and my investigations of the code suggest that the udptl
> structure is not allocated because the SIP channel does not have
> the flag SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_UDPTL set.
>
> But SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_UDPTL is defined with value 0:
>
> #define SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_UDPTL      (0 << 15)
>
> so how can this flag ever be set?
>
> Will not the test:
>
> ast_test_flag(&p->t38.t38support, SIP_PAGE2_T38SUPPORT_UDPTL)
>
> always be false?
Too early in the morning...

That flag is the first flag, bit 0 of an allocation of three bits. We
use that
many times if you look at lines above.

For some reason, the receiving end of the call doesn't have the bit set.
Do sip show peer on that peer and see if it has support enabled. If
it has,
something else is wrong in the way we copy settings from the peer and
allocating an udptl structure when setting up the call.

/O