[asterisk-dev] SIP MAX_RETRANS

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Wed Mar 15 11:58:14 MST 2006

15 mar 2006 kl. 17.37 skrev DIDELOT Loic:

> Hello,
> my asterisk servers run quite stable but when I try to change the
> value
> for MAX_RETRANS in chan_sip.c (line 35) to something lower then six
> asterisk begins to crash. I would like to set it to 2 or 1 because
> when
> set to 6 it takes too much time to jump to the next priority.
>

> #define MAX_RETRANS             6               /* Try only 6 times
> for
> retransmissions, a total of 7 transmissions */
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

If you change this, you are breaking the RFC and also breaking the
code for retransmits.

As long as you understand that, I would suggest turning on
qualification.

With qualification, we will adjust the retransmit timers to the actual
latency between the server and the client, which is typically faster
than
the default roundtrip time in the RFC.

qualify=yes in sip.conf for a peer/user/friend

/Olle